Spain Highlights
Your comprehensive travel guide to Spain - All in one place!
Spain is one of the most beautiful and diverse countries in the World. Spain is different and special. Its uniqueness is what makes Spain so special. It’s what keeps millions and millions of people coming back year after year. Spain is consistently in the World’s top four tourist destinations. It is not hard to understand why; it’s a melting pot of cultures, history and natural beauty. Spain captivates everyone who sees it.

Geography
Spain is the fourth largest country in Europe and covers some 504,782 km2. Consisting of the Spanish mainland, the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean and the Canary Islands in the Atlantic, Spain occupies 84% of the Iberian Peninsula, with extensive Coastal borders stretching along both the Mediterranean and the Atlantic.
One interesting fact that often comes as a surprise is that Spain is the second most mountainous country in Europe after Switzerland. This geographical diversity offers a wide variety of activities. The country prides itself on its protection. Indeed, 9.1% of Spain’s surface area is protected, with 42% of the Canary Islands, 21.5% of Catalonia and almost 19% of Andalusia.
Andalusia being the second largest autonomous region in Spain actually accounts for 36% of Spain’s total protected area. These protected areas provide a wonderful habitat for a diverse range of flora and fauna.

Culture
Spain was occupied by the Moors for over 700 years. They left a rich heritage of building and agricultural advances, some of the channels seen on present-day landscapes are a legacy of those times.
The large cities of Madrid and Barcelona are well-known city break destinations but so many other cities are worth a visit such as Seville, Burgos, Valencia, Malaga, San Sebastian, Granada, and Cordoba.
The country is divided into regions with their own different cultures, cuisines and in some cases different languages.

Population
The Spanish are very distinct. With their vibrancy, their zest for life, Spanish people don’t often resemble their European neighbors. Population is just under 45 million, of whom 74% speak Castilian Spanish, 17% Catalan, 7% Galician and 2% Basque. Each region has its own particular identity.
Approximately 11% of Spain’s population is foreign nationals, 96% of Spain’s population is Roman Catholic and the remaining 4% is mainly Christian or Muslim.

8 Days Europe
8 days

Mediterranean Tale: Spain

Barcelona-Peniscola-Valencia-Madrid-Toledo-Zaragoza - Figueres - Costa Brava – Barcelona Spain is a country with an unusually rich history and unique culture. We invite you to start exploring this amazing and diverse country with us. Here you can feel the rhythm of life of...

Price on call View More