EnglishRussianGermanFrenchItalianSpanishArmenian

Stonehenge - The Oldest In The World

  Duration: 10 days / 9 nights; Tour Type: Cultural, Historical; Best Period: May - October; Distance to be passed: 1300 km; Country: Armenia See more details

Holy Mount Ararat

Duration: 9 days / 8 nights; Tour Type: Cultural, Historical; Best Period: May - October; Distance: ~1080 km; Country: Armenia See more details

Guaranteed Departures

Duration: 8 days / 7 nights; Tour Type: Cultural, Leisure; Best Period: according to set dates; Distance: ~500 km; Country: Armenia See more details

Armenia – Top Destination of the year

Duration: 8 days / 7 nights; Tour type: Cultural, Historical, Wine; Best Period: March - November; Distance to be passed: ~1150 km; Coutnry: Armenia See more details

ARMENIA UNESCO

Duration: 8 days / 7 nights; Tour Type: Historical, Wine, Cognac, Hiking; Best Period: May - October; Distance to be passed: ~1550 km; Country: Armenia See more details

Following the Great Silk Road

Duration: 8 days / 7 nights; Tour Type: Silk Road, Cultural, Historical, Wine; Best Period: May - October; Distance to be passed: ~1050 km Countries: Georgia, Armenia See more details

Feel The Road from Armenia to Karabakh

  Duration: 14 days / 13 nights; Tour Type: Jeeping, Historical, Adventure, Wine Best Period: May - October; Distance: ~1900 km; Countries: Armenia, Nagorno-Karabakh See more details

Pearls of Caucasus

Duration: 13 days / 12 nights Tour type: Cultural, Historical, Wine, Gourmand Best Period: March - December Distance: Countries: Armenia, Georgia See more details
Aragatsotn

Aragatsotn Marz is a land of volcanic shields with their highest elevation at 4090 meters above sea level. It is the favourite site for the wealthy Yerevan dwellers, who are attracted by its proximity to the nation’s capital and mildly chill climate. Nor does the marz have a shortage of fortresses and other monuments of ancient Armenian architecture.

On the East, the marz runs along the Kasakh River. In the western part the territory of the region stretches up to the state border with Turkey. Fabulous monasteries scattered down the steep walls of the gorge present a magnificent site to behold. The villages of the western area of the marz huddle together, as if to survive harsh winters and bleak summers, but almost each host unforgettable fortresses dating back to the Bronze Age.

 

 

These three churches can be called sister churches owing to the legend around them. In ancient times three sisters lived in the town of Ashtarak. Misfortunately or fortunately enough all of them fell in love with the same person, the prince Sargis. The elder sisters decided to help the youngest one and sacrificed themselves for the sake of the happiness of their younger sister. But it turned out to be just the contrary. The two elder sisters wore dresses, one red and the other of the apricot color, and threw themselves into the gorge. The youngest sister fell into despair. This one put on a white dress and again threw herself into the gorge. The prince Sargis became a hermit, and then three small churches were erected at the edge of the gorge. Each church was given the name of the dress colors of the sisters.

 

 

Saghmosavank is a 13th century monastery, surrounded by Mount Aragats, Mount Ara, and the deep Kasakh Gorge. Saghmosavank was once a religious, academic and cultural center of medieval Armenia.
The churches of St. Sion and St. Astvatsatsin together with a narthex and a library form the complex of the monastery. St. Sion, built in 1215, is the main church.
The unique interior of Saghmosavank makes an unforgettable impression on every visitor. The soft brown color of the walls harmoniously merges with the surrounding nature. The sheer rocks of the Kasakh river

 

 

Hovhannavank is a wonderful piece of Armenian Apostolic Church architecture situated in the village of Ohanavan in the region of Aragatsotn, about five kilometers away from the monastic complex of Saghmosavank. The monastery is attached atop the Kasakh River gorge. The oldest part of the monastery was built in the 4th century by the first Armenian Catholicos Gregory the Illuminator, the preacher of Christianity in Armenia. And the building of a cruciform domed church has been preserved since 1216. The complex is surrounded by a high protective wall dating back to the 13-14th centuries.